Residence permit of North Cyprus: registration procedure, list of necessary documents, benefits of a residence permit on the island
- Is obtaining a residence permit obligatory?
1.1. Who doesn’t necessarily need to obtain residence permit?
1.2. What advantages does the registration of documents give?
- How to execute the necessary documents?
2.1. How to obtain a residence permit without owning a real estate?
Most people who have visited North Cyprus at least once in their life begin to think seriously about changing or acquiring a second citizenship. Soft climate, cheap and high-quality food, and affordable real estate are not the full list of advantages of living on the island.
In this article, we will tell you how to obtain a residence permit in North Cyprus quickly and what documents will be needed for this.
Not at all! Even if you are the owner of the real estate, it does not oblige you to obtain a residence permit. The system of entry to North Cyprus is simplified. It is enough to have a foreign passport, and a 30-day visa for stay is guaranteed.
If necessary, the stay permit can be extended up to 90 days. Therefore, if you are going to visit Cyprus not so often and do not plan to stay here for a long time, you don’t have to obtain a residence permit.
But if you liked the country, and you intended to purchase real estate here, then you should definitely obtain a residence permit.
Senior citizens over the age of 61 and children under the age of 18 may stay in North Cyprus as long as they wish without having to obtain special documents. Actually, this explains the fact that there are a lot of British citizens of old age on the island.
As mentioned above, the residence permit will be very useful for those who are going to visit North Cyprus often or live there.
The residence permit in North Cyprus entitles foreign citizens to:
- Get a national health insurance.
- Open accounts with local banks.
- Enroll children in preschool and school institutions.
In addition, a residence permit simplifies obtaining a mortgage loan.
It is very easy to get a residence permit if you have a real estate in this country. In this case, the probability of a positive decision from the local authorities will be 99%.
Obtaining a residence permit shall be done in the Migration Department of the Police. The procedure is simple and does not require special skills or knowledge.
First of all, you need to collect the following documents to start the procedure:
- Contract for the purchase of real estate in North Cyprus (+ copy of this document).
- Extract from a local bank with a balance of 10 thousand GBP (about 14 thousand dollars). If the inspectors consider that the amount is insufficient for a living, the residence permit can be issued for 6 months. Therefore, it is better to deposit a greater amount to your account.
- Certificate of the transfer of title to a foreign citizen. It is issued by the local mayor of the human settlement.
- Marriage certificate (if any) translated into English and Turkish.
- Birth certificate of children (if any).
- Two color photographs of the established form.
- A good photocopy of the foreign passport, as well as a copy of the page with the seal, which was stamped at the entry of the country.
After all the documents have been collected and handed over to the migration inspector, he will issue a form for undergoing medical tests. It will be necessary to undergo a complete blood test and fluorography examination. Results should be expected within one week.
The medical examination is transmitted in a sealed envelope to the Migration Inspector. You should not open it. After 15 days, the final decision on issuance of residence is made. And, in most cases, the decision will be positive.
It should be noted that the family of the owner of the real estate also receives the opportunity to obtain a residence permit in North Cyprus.
For the first time, the residence permit is issued for a year, and it should be renewed annually. In 5 years, it is possible to apply for obtaining citizenship of the country.
Several categories of foreign citizens can apply for a residence permit without purchasing housing on the island.
- Foreigners wishing to open a branch of their company in North Cyprus.
- Foreigners who want to start or buy a business on the island.
- Non-residents who are hired by local residents.
TRNC authorities welcome business development in the country in every possible way and will make all possible concessions to attract a respectable investor.
Unlike the acquisition of the real estate, you can obtain a residence permit in North Cyprus without the involvement of a professional lawyer. The state is interested in attracting new and rich citizens, and therefore a residence permit and citizenship can be issued without bureaucracy and delays.